When you first join the course, there is an initial and diagnostic assessment for the B1 SELT test. This is done to find out your readiness for taking a UKVI B1 Secure English Language Test. It is the only Speaking and Listening exam to fulfill the knowledge of English Language requirement. The diagnostic test is to help both the tutor and learners identify problems that they have with the language. As a result, you get prepared for your selected UKVI B1 Secure English Language Test. In addition, you get the use of professionally prepared pre-test materials with qualified and experienced teachers. You also get mock tests prior to the day of your test.
What is included in our Prepare for B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5 – English Test for British Citizenship Course?
- Free "Preparing For Trinity ISE I (B1) - Student's Book & CD" worth £25
- Classroom Learning
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access
How long is the course?
This is a 2-week intensive course (8 hours in total)
When can I start?
Every week with a Monday start throughout the year (except national public and Christmas breaks).
What time are the classes?
3 hours per day: 10:00 - 12:00 or 13:00 - 15:00 or 18:00 to 20:00 (subject to availability)
Your Prepare for B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5 – English Test for British Citizenship class may be in the morning, the afternoon, or evening depending on your level.
How many students are in a class?
The average number is 6 - the maximum is 15.
Level of English Required
Progress test, Tutorials, Home Work, Mock Test
All lessons are teacher-led, dynamic, and cover the main skills: listening, reading, speaking, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation.
Coursebook, supplementary materials such as online resources, CD-ROMs
Test Name: B1 SELT – GESE Grade 5
Duration: 10 min
Awarding Body: TRINITY SELT/ Language Cert
Result: Provisional results on the same day
Certificate: Certificate usually sent within 7 days
Test Type: Speaking & Listening only
Some useful links:
- Guide and Preparation for Candidates – understand and prepare for GESE Grade 5
- Preparation Activities for GESE Grade 5 worksheet – free self-study exercises to practise your English
- How to prepare for GESE exams webinar recordings – choose your Grade level and watch a free webinar about how to prepare for the different parts of the GESE exam
- GESE Grade 5 in Trinity's GESE exam information booklet – guide for teachers but also useful for candidates. Pages 20, 21, 26, 27 and 62 explain language skills required for GESE Grade 5
- GESE Elementary Steps: Guide for teachers, Grades 4-6 booklet – free guide for teachers that also contains practice activities and advice that candidates may find useful
- Trinity Shop – study packs available for purchase
- https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualifications/SELT/UKVI/B1-GESE-grade-5/prepare-GESE-grade-5/what-is-the-exam-like - what is the exam like
- https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualifications/SELT/UKVI/B1-GESE-grade-5/prepare-GESE-grade-5/SELT-GESE-Grade-5-step-by-step - taking your test - step by step
|Level||B1 - Intermediate|
|Number of Lessons||8 lessons, 2 days
Time: (choose one of the sessions listed below - subject to availability)
|Start Date||Any Monday|
£250 (plus £50 registration fee if you are not Amity College student)