General English in Wimbledon | School of English
This course is designed to improve your general English language level for use in everyday situations. Develop areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary. Students are encouraged to participate in college events and excursions to improve their English.
What will you achieve?
Students on a General English programme will:
- develop fluency and listening skills to communicate with both native speakers and other international students
- practise formal and informal language
- learn grammar rules in order to produce accurate sentences when speaking and writing in English
- develop confidence in English and therefore in their personal and professional lives
- improve understanding of English in everyday situations: ordering food in a restaurant, shopping at the supermarket, reading English newspapers, watching films
Maximum Class Size:
10 - 15
Progress Tests, Tutorials, Home-work
Lessons combine all aspects of English language skills; listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Course material consists of a English language course book and supplementary material such as Cds, CDROMs, and online English language resources.
Students may want to improve their English for:
- further studies
- personal interest
The course uses a key English language text book as well as a range of additional materials and will provide you with the essential structures and vocabulary to succeed. Students who take this course will receive a certificate based on the level achieved at the end of their course.
|Course||Part Time and Full Time|
|Level||Beginner to Advanced - a test is taken on the first day to determine level|
|Our General English Programmes|
|Sessions||Standard Course: 15 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 3 lessons per day.
Time: (choose one of the sessions listed below)
Semi-Intensive Course: 20 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 4 lessons per day.
Intensive Course: 25 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 5 lessons per day.
Intensive: 30 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 6 lessons per day.
A lesson duration is 50 minutes.
|Fees||Use our Price Calculator to find out? See our prices|