Our General English language courses are designed to improve your general English language level for use in everyday situations. Develop areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary. Students are encouraged to participate in college events and excursions to improve their English.
What will you achieve?
Students in the General English Language Courses will:
- develop fluency and listening skills to communicate with both native speakers and other international students
- practice formal and informal language
- learn grammar rules in order to produce accurate sentences when speaking and writing in English
- develop confidence in English and therefore in their personal and professional lives
- improve understanding of English in everyday situations: ordering food in a restaurant, shopping at the supermarket, reading English newspapers, watching films
Maximum Class Size:
Progress Tests, Tutorials, Homework
General English Language Courses Content
Lessons combine all aspects of English language skills; listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Course material consists of an English language coursebook and supplementary material such as Cds, CDROMs, and online English language resources.
Students may want to improve their General English for:
- further studies
- personal interest
The General English Language courses use a key English language textbook as well as a range of additional materials and will provide you with the essential structures and vocabulary to succeed. Students who take this course will receive a certificate based on the level achieved at the end of their course.
Some useful links:
|Course||Part-Time and Full-Time|
|Level||Beginner to Advanced - a test is taken on the first day to determine level|
|Our General English Language Courses|
|Sessions||Standard Course: 15 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 3 lessons per day.
Time: (choose one of the sessions listed below)
Semi-Intensive Course: 20 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 4 lessons per day.
Intensive Course: 25 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 5 lessons per day.
Intensive: 30 lessons per week, Monday to Friday, 6 lessons per day.
A lesson duration is 50 minutes.
|Fees||Use our Price Calculator to find out? See our prices|