Pre-Arrival Guide - Immigration Advice

Article Index


Immigration Advice

If want to study in the UK you must have permission to come to the UK as a student, before you travel. This permission is called an entry clearance or student visa. When you are granted entry clearance the immigration officer in your own country will put a visa sticker into your passport. If you arrive in the UK and do not have the correct entry clearance or visa, the immigration officer will not allow you to enter the UK and you will have to return home immediately. To get this entry clearance as a student, contact the British Embassy, Consulate or High Commission in your home country and check exactly what kind of entry clearance you need at the time you want to travel, and how to apply in your country. There are different ways to apply, for example on-line, by post or through an agency. You must also check whether there have been any changes to the immigration rules, requirements and procedures for students applying for entry clearance to study in the UK

Connect with us

Wimbledon Branch

45 Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 7NA, United Kingdom

Ealing Branch

43-47 New Broadway, Ealing, London W5 5AH, United Kingdom

    • dummy +44 (0) 203 686 1714

    • dummy


Enter your email and we'll send you more information

Please enable the javascript to submit this form